Ever since Apple released the AirPods and AirPods Pro, people have been wondering how to answer a phone call on them. Unfortunately, it’s not as intuitive as one would think. So here is a guide on how to do it. Keep in mind that this also applies to the original AirPods.
Table of Contents
How to Answer a Phone Call on AirPods and AirPods Pro?
If you’re using AirPods or AirPods Pro, there are a couple of ways to answer a phone call.
For AirPods, you can press the button on the back of the case to answer the call. Or, if your AirPods are in your ears, you can say, “Hey Siri, answer the phone.” For AirPods Pro, you can press the button on the back of the case to answer the call. Or if your AirPods Pro is in your ears, you can say, “Hey Siri, answer the phone.”
Whichever way you answer a phone call, it’ll take a couple of seconds for the call to connect. And if you happen to be busy and can’t answer the phone, you can decline the call by pressing the button on the back of the case. You can also decline the call by saying, “Hey Siri, decline the call.”
How Do I Answer A Call On Apple AirPods?
To answer a call on Apple AirPods, make sure that your AirPods are connected to your device. When you receive a call, the ringtone will play on both your device and your AirPods. To answer the call, place the AirPods in your ears. If you want to ignore the call, remove the AirPods from your ears.
How Do I Answer A Call On Apple AirPods Pro?
To answer a call on your AirPods Pro, just double-tap one of the earpieces. You’ll hear a tone, and the person on the other end will be able to listen to you. Press and hold the same earpiece for about two seconds if you want to decline a call. To end a call, tap either earpiece.
If you have an incoming call and your AirPods Pro is in the charging case, open the case, and they’ll start playing music. If a call comes in while they’re playing music, the music will pause, and you’ll get a notification on your iPhone. You can then answer or decline the call using the AirPods Pro. To end the call, tap either earpiece.
Why Can’t I Answer Calls On My AirPods?
There are a few possible explanations if you’re having trouble answering calls on your AirPods.
- Ensure that both AirPods are connected to your iPhone and that the charging case is closed. If they are connected, and the case is closed, try restarting your iPhone.
- If that doesn’t work, the AirPods may not be within the Bluetooth range of your iPhone. Instead, try moving closer to your iPhone or placing the AirPods in your ears.
- If you’re still having trouble, your AirPods may be experiencing an issue. Contact Apple Support for help.
Why Do My AirPods Hang Up When I Touch Them?
There are a few reasons why your AirPods might disconnect when you touch them. One possibility is that you have inadvertently enabled the “Hey Siri” feature. When this setting is enabled, AirPods will automatically connect to your iPhone or iPad when they are near. If you do not intend to use Siri, disable this feature in your device’s settings.
Another possibility is that the AirPods are not adequately charged. If the battery level is low, they might disconnect when you touch them. Keep your AirPods charged up so that this doesn’t happen.
Finally, if your AirPods are near another Bluetooth device, they might connect to that device instead of your iPhone or iPad. To fix this, keep your AirPods away from other Bluetooth devices when you’re not using them.
How Do I Stop My Airpods Pro From Hanging Up When I Touch Them?
If you’re experiencing this issue with your AirPods Pro, there are a few things you can try to fix it:
- Ensure that both AirPods Pro is connected to your device and that the sound is turned up.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings and tap Bluetooth. Under “My Devices,” make sure that AirPods Pro is highlighted and tap the “I Detection” icon. Make sure that “Automatic Ear” is turned on.
- Try putting the AirPods Pro in your ears in a different way.
- If you’re using an iPhone XS or later, try turning off “Hey Siri.” To do this, go to your iPhone’s Settings and tap ” Siri & Search.” Under “Listen for ‘Hey Siri,'” turn off “Always On.”
- If you’re using an iPhone 8 or earlier, try turning off “Raise to Speak.” To do this, go to your iPhone’s Settings and tap “General.” Then, under “Accessibility,” turn off “Raise to Speak.”
- If none of these tips work, try resetting your AirPods Pro. To do this, press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons on the back of the charging case for about 10 seconds until the LED flashes white. Then open the case and place your AirPods Pro inside. The reset process will start, and they’ll be ready to use in a few minutes.
We’ve answered some of the most common questions about using AirPods and AirPods Pro in this article. We’ve explained how to answer and end calls, charge them, and why they might disconnect when you touch them. We’ve also provided a few solutions to common issues people experience with these earbuds. I hope this information has been helpful!