The cache is a component of the iPad that stores frequently used files and data. This option can help you to access the information faster. However, sometimes this function can cause some problems with your device. If you want to clear the cache on the iPad, there are several ways to do it. In this guide, we will show you how to clear the cache on the iPad in different ways. Keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
What Is Cache And Why Do You Need To Clear It On Your iPad?
The cache is a small part of the memory on your device that stores recently accessed web pages, app data, and other media. Clearing cache can help resolve some common issues with iPad.
How To Clear Cache On iPad?
There are three ways to clear the cache on your iPad: through the Settings app, through iTunes, and a reset.
- In the Settings app, tap Safari > Clear History and Website Data. This will clear your Safari history, cookies, and other data.
- To clear cache in iTunes, connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Select your device, then click the Summary tab. In the “iPad Options” section, click the Restore button. This will erase all content and settings on your iPad, so make sure to back up your device first.
- To reset your iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will delete all content and settings on your iPad, so make sure to back up your device first.
Clearing cache can help resolve some common issues with iPad, so give it a try if you’re having trouble.
How To Clear Cache On Safari Browser?
Clearing Cache on Safari Browser is a very easy process. You can either clear the cache for the entire browser or for specific websites.
To clear the cache for the entire browser, follow these steps:
- Open Safari and go to Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab and select the Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Now, go to the Develop menu and select Empty Caches.
The cache for all websites will be cleared.
If you want to clear the cache for specific websites, follow these steps:
- Open Safari and go to the website you want to clear the cache for.
- Right-click on the page and select Show Page Source.
- In the source code, search for “Cache:”.
- The URL of the website’s cache will be displayed.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the address bar of Safari.
- Press enter and the cache for that website will be cleared.
Benefits of Clearing Cache on iPad
A cache is a tool that stores temporary data so that it can be accessed quickly the next time you use the same application. Clearing cache can be beneficial in the following ways:
- It can help improve the performance of your iPad as cached data can sometimes take up valuable space.
- It can help you free up space on your iPad as cached data can often be quite large.
- If you are experiencing problems with an application, clearing its cache may help resolve the issue.
In this article, we have shown you how to clear the cache on your iPad in different ways. Clearing cache can help resolve some common issues with iPad, so give it a try if you’re having trouble. Thanks for reading!