We all know how frustrating it is to have to scroll through a long list of apps on our iPad screens. Fortunately, there is a way to split the screen so that you can view multiple apps at the same time. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Table of Contents
What Split Screen Is And How It Works On The iPad?
Split-screen was originally designed to make it easier for users to work with multiple apps at the same time. The feature was added in iOS 9 and it works by allowing users to view two apps simultaneously, side by side. The apps can be either in split-screen mode or Slide Over mode. Split-screen mode is ideal for when you want to use two apps simultaneously, while Slide Over mode is great for quickly checking something on another app without having to leave the one you’re currently using.
To enter Split Screen mode, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the multitasking menu. You will then see a list of all of the apps that are currently open. Tap and hold on to an app to select it, then drag it to the top of the screen. You will then see a list of apps that can be used in split-screen mode. Select one of the apps and it will open in the top half of the screen.
To exit Split Screen mode, swipe down from the top of the screen and select the Close button (the red circle with a white X in the center).
How To Use Split Screen Mode On The iPad For Different Purposes?
Now that you know how to enter split-screen mode, let’s take a look at how to use it.
When you have two apps open in split-screen mode, you will see a thin dividing line down the middle of the screen. You can move the line up or down to change the size of each app. You can also drag the line to the left or right to change the position of the apps.
You can use two apps in a split-screen mode in several different ways. For example, you can use one app for work and one app for entertainment, or you can use two apps that are related to each other. Here are a few more ideas:
- Use the calculator app and the notes app at the same time.
- Use the email app and the internet browser at the same time.
- Use the messaging app and the calendar app at the same time.
- Use the map app and the music app at the same time.
- Use the photos app and the notes app at the same time.
- Use the social media app and the internet browser at the same time.
How To Exit Split Screen Mode On The iPad?
Now that you know how to use split-screen mode, let’s take a look at how to exit it. There are a couple of ways to do this.
Method 1: Swipe left with three fingers
The first way is to use the swipe gesture. Swipe left with three fingers on the screen to exit split-screen mode.
Method 2: Double-click the home button
Another way to exit split-screen mode is by double-clicking the home button. This will bring up the multitasking menu where you can select the app you want to use.
So those are two ways to exit split-screen mode on the iPad. As you can see, it’s a pretty easy process. Give it a try and see how it works for you.
Is It Possible to Vertical Split Screen on iPad?
It’s no secret that the iPad is a powerful device. With the release of iOS 11, Apple made some enhancements to the Split View multitasking feature. Now users can have two apps open side by side in landscape mode. This is a great way to get more done on your iPad.
But what if you want to split the screen vertically? Is that possible?
Yes, it is! Here’s how:
- Launch the app you want to use in Split View.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap and hold the two-pane icon in the top-left corner of the Control Center.
- Drag the icon to the right to split the screen vertically.
- Release the icon when the screen is split the way you want it.
Now you can use both apps side by side. This is a great way to compare data or to copy and paste text between apps.
How to Use Split Screen on iPad in Portrait Mode
In addition to split-screen in landscape mode, you can also use split-screen in portrait mode on your iPad. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open the app you want to use in split-screen mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the dock.
- Tap and hold on to the app you want to use in split-screen mode, then drag it up and release it over the app you want to use as the primary app.
- The apps will now be in split-screen mode.
To switch between the two apps, just swipe left or right on the bar that divides them.
In this article, we explained how to use Split View on the iPad. We also showed you how to exit Split View mode. Finally, we answered the question of whether it is possible to split the screen vertically on the iPad. We hope you found this information helpful!