It’s the worst nightmare for any iPhone user – their AirPods have fallen into the toilet. So what do you do if it happens to you? Don’t panic! Here are a few tips on how to get your AirPods out of the toilet and save them from disaster.
Table of Contents
What To Do If AirPods Fell In Toilet?
If you have ever had the unfortunate experience of dropping your AirPods into the toilet, don’t worry. There are a few things you can do to try and salvage them.
- The first thing you should do is remove the AirPods from the water as quickly as possible. Then, if they are still submerged, use a piece of paper towel to try and soak up as much water as possible.
- Next, dry off the AirPods as best and place them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container. Please make sure the container is completely sealed before placing it in the freezer.
- Leave the AirPods in the freezer for at least 12 hours. After 12 hours, remove them and try turning them on. If they still don’t work, it’s time to contact Apple support.
I hope following these steps will help you save your AirPods from a watery grave!
Cleaning AirPods and AirPods Pro After They Fall In The Toilet
Don’t panic if your AirPods or AirPods Pro falls into the toilet, don’t panic! Here’s how to clean them off and get them working like new again.
- First, try to remove as much of the gunk and water as possible with a paper towel. If that doesn’t work, you can use a toothpick or a small brush to get the rest of the dirt out.
- Then, use a little bit of isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe down both sides of the AirPods or AirPods Pro. Make sure to let them dry completely before using them again.
And that’s it! Your AirPods or AirPods Pro should be good as new.
Should You Put AirPods In Rice To Fix Water Damage?
It must be a tough day for you if you’re reading this article. And you may be wondering if you can put them in rice to fix the water damage as you’re looking for a way to solve this problem.
Unfortunately, there is no definite answer as to whether or not this will work. Some people say that it does help, while others say it doesn’t do anything. The best thing to do is try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, you can always take your AirPods to an Apple store to get them fixed.
How To Get AirPod Out Of Toilet?
If your AirPods fall into the toilet, don’t panic! You can do a few things to try and get them out.
- First, try reaching in and grabbing them with your hand. If that’s not possible, use a long metal stick or pole to try and snag them.
- If that still doesn’t work, you can try using a plunger. Cover the toilet’s opening with the plunger and push and pull until the AirPods come loose.
- Finally, you can call Apple Support for help if all else fails. They may be able to send you a new pair of AirPods.
How To Disinfect AirPods?
If your AirPods fall into the toilet, the first thing you should do is disinfect them. Here are a few ways to disinfect your AirPods:
- Soak them in a bowl of water and white vinegar for five minutes.
- Next, soak them in a bowl of water and hydrogen peroxide for five minutes.
- Finally, soak them in a bowl of water and baking soda for five minutes.
- Please put them in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Clean them with a disinfectant cloth.
No matter which method you choose, disinfect your AirPods regularly to keep them clean and free of bacteria.
Do AirPods Sink Or Float?
AirPods sink in water because they are made of plastic and metal. However, the cords on the AirPods are made of rubber and will float in water. This is why it’s essential to keep the cables away from water. If the cables get wet, they will not work correctly.
If you happen to drop your AirPods in the toilet, don’t panic! Although it might not be ideal, they’re likely to survive a little dunking. That’s because both the earpieces and the charging case are water-resistant.
However, just because they’re water-resistant doesn’t mean they’re waterproof. So if you do drop them in the toilet, be sure to give them a good rinse off before plugging them in to charge. And if they’ve been submerged for a while, it might be worth waiting until they dry completely before using them again.
How Long Do AirPods Last After Fell In Toilet?
There is no definite answer to this question. It depends on several factors, such as the type of liquid that AirPods came into contact with and the extent of the damage. Based on anecdotal evidence, AirPods can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after falling in water. In some cases, they may even be salvageable if they are only briefly submerged. If the AirPods have been fully submerged in water, but, likely, they will not work anymore.